The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry is for learners who work in, or who want to work in, the security industry as a Security Officer.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to the Private Security industry, including, the purpose of the industry, the functions of the regulator, governing legislation and the acceptable work practices, procedures and standard
- develop skills in conflict management and their abilities in managing and resolving conflict in the context of the role of a Security Officer
- learn about the role, duties and responsibilities of a Security Officer. This covers areas such as patrolling, access and egress control, searching procedures, electronic and physical protection systems, reporting and record keeping, as well as legislation relevant to a security officer
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- achieve a licence to practise
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.